Welcome to Parenting with Harmony
The word Harmony comes from the Greek language, ἉΡΜΟΝΊΑ (HARMONÍA). It means "a coming together or fastening." It is also used to refer to a connection between people coming together in "peace." That's what Parenting with Harmony is all about. It's a coming together or "fastening" of the parent and the child, in peace. Parenting with Harmony is not about being the perfect parent nor is it measured by how much or how little your child cries, screams or argues with you.
Parenting with Harmony is about knowing how to connect with your child even when they're upset and nothing you're doing seems to work. When you've had it up to here and you just don't know what to do to get your child to listen or for your teen to show you some respect. As human beings we crave love and attention. We enjoy being understood, accepted, and included in the lives of those we deem most important to us. This is true for our children as well. Although they may seem overly complex in their inability to clearly communicate their needs to us on a consistent basis, our children learn that when we show them love, affection, attention and meet their basic needs, they can begin to trust and respond to us in the same ways.
Parenting with Harmony provides room for moments when we as parents feel like we are total failures because we didn't get the memo on how to never make mistakes. It is in these moments that Parenting with Harmony acts as a soft blanket or fabric that was sewn specifically for the covering of both you and your child. To help you both find peace in reconnecting and loving one another despite what difficulties you may be facing. This metaphoric blanket represents the emotional and physical state of being connected and close to your child while you implement the 6 Keys to Parenting with Harmony.
So, what are the Six Keys To Parenting with Harmony?
- Are they a miracle cure to get your baby to stop crying or to sleep through the night?
- Are they a secret ingredient to get your elementary age kids to eat their dinner without complaining?
- Are they a special chant to get your preschooler to take a bath, get dressed or brush their teeth without having a complete meltdown?
- Maybe you'll learn a magic trick to get your teenagers to fall in love with cleaning their rooms, doing chores and showing you respect even when they disagree?
THE ANSWER IS "NO". THERE IS NO MIRACLE CURE, NO SPECIAL CHANT, NO SECRET INGREDIENT AND NO MAGIC TRICK THAT WILL MAKE YOUR CHILD PERFECT AND YOU THE BEST PARENT ON THE PLANET. ALL OF THIS TAKES TIME AND PATIENCE AND NONE OF THIS WILL HAPPEN OVERNIGHT.
- The first key is to engage in mindfulness. Here you will learn how to remain present without giving into negative thoughts and feelings.
- The second key is to practice self-care. Here's where you will learn how to perform your activities of daily living despite feeling shame or guilt.
- The third key is to honor the spirit of your child. Here you will learn how to celebrate everything about your child.
- The fourth key is to use positive communication. Here's where you will learn how to speak in the most loving ways possible.
- The fifth key is to acknowledge basic needs. Here you will learn how to meet your child's needs while also meeting your own.
- The sixth key is to create peaceful connections. Here's where you will learn how to create a state of calm to invite your child into with you.
Schedule your first Six Keys Consultation and be on your way to inviting harmony into your home and into your heart. Enjoy the benefits of working one on one with Coach Harmony as she walks you through this incredible 6 week program that is sure to inspire and ignite the light within you to help you enjoy parenting again.